For a shiny coat, full body condition and strong hooves, without the added calories that can make easy keepers obese.
Formulated for maintenance, performance and senior horses that can chew and digest hay and pasture.
Features & Benefits
Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget
A proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for performance, shine & bloom
Controlled Sugar and Starch
May help reduce the risk of adverse health effects caused by the management error of overfeeding
Added Beet Pulp
Provides an excellent source of fermentable fiber for slow release energy
High Quality Proteins
Support strong muscle growth, shiny coat and healthy hooves
Proprietary flavor enhancer for optimal intake
Highly Digestible Ingredients
Provide essential nutrients that support proper digestion
Provides 100% of the required nutrients for horses when fed as directed so no additional supplements are necessary
Based on “Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition–2007” published by the National Research Council
Designed to be fed with hay or pasture
Feeding directions with hay or pasture. Start with the amounts given for the weight and lifestyle of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
||||Weight of Horse in Pounds|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture* (lbs/day)||7.00||9.50||12.00||14.50||17.00|
||||Strategy® Healthy Edge® Horse Feed (lbs/day)**|
|Maintenance – Minimum Activity||2.00||2.50||3.25||3.75||4.50|
|Maintenance – Average Activity||2.75||3.50||4.25||5.00||5.75|
|Maintenance – Elevated Activity||3.25||4.25||5.25||6.25||7.25|
|Early Gestation (first 250 days)||2.75||3.75||4.50||5.50||6.25|
|Late Gestation last 90 days)||4.25||5.50||6.75||8.00||9.25|
*This is the recommended minimum amount of hay to be fed. If feeding more hay, reduce the feeding rate of Strategy® Healthy Edge®horse feed by 1 pound for every additional 2 pounds of hay fed.
**Do not feed less than 0.3 pounds per 100 pounds of body weight per day. If your horse gains too much weight at that minimum feeding rate, then you should replace Strategy® Healthy Edge® horse feed with Enrich Plus® ration balancing feed.
- Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality, climate and activity level. Feed at regular times – at least twice daily – with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position from troughs with large bottoms, placed at normal head height or lower. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
- Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
- Have plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites. Have the horse’s teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
- Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse.