Forage supplementation or replacement for mature active pleasure horses and/or easy keepers.
Features & Benefits
100% Vitamins & Minerals
Designed to meet 100% of the required nutrients to support overall horse health
Controlled Starch & Sugar
Appropriate for horses with soluble carbohydrate sensitivities, formulated with no corn or molasses
Complete feed with quality hay built-in to address nutrient variability of hay or pasture and promote consistent nutrient intake
Can be used to completely replace the forage in your horse’s diet
|Weight of Horse in Pounds|
|Maintenance –Minimum Activity||7.5||Maintenance –Minimum Activity||7.5||Maintenance –Minimum Activity||7.5||Maintenance –Minimum Activity|
|Maintenance –Average Activity||8.25||Maintenance –Average Activity||8.25||Maintenance –Average Activity||8.25||Maintenance –Average Activity|
When fed with hay, reduce about 1 pound for each 2 pounds of hay fed. You may adjust amount up to 10 percent to obtain desired body weight.
- Equine Adult® horse feed may be fed as a complete feed because it is formulated with high-quality roughage.Good quality hay or pasture may be fed along with Purina® Equine Adult® horse feed. When fed with hay, reduce about 1.0 lb for each 1.5-2.0 lbs of hay offered.
- Weight management program: Feeding Equine Adult® horse feed at a reduced rate can help horses that are obese. Begin by cutting the recommended feeding rate by 10 percent. Continue to adjust the rate until you reach the desired weight for your horse, then return to the feeding rates that are recommended for your horse’s weight and activity level.
- Miniature horses and ponies: Purina® Equine Adult® horse feed is an ideal complete feed for miniature horses and ponies at maintenance and light work activity levels. For feeding directions for miniature horses and ponies, please contact your Purina® horse feed retailer, a Purina® Sales Representative or our Customer Service Department.
- Winter feeding: In the winter, the amount of feed may need to be increased by 10-15% to offset the increased calorie requirements of maintaining body condition.
Every horse is unique. After observing the horse for a period of time, you may want to increase or decrease the daily feeding amount of Purina® Equine Adult® horse feed by up to 10% to obtain desired overall body condition and appearance. Purina® Equine Adult® horse feed may be fed as a complete feed because it is formulated with high-quality roughage. You may feed with or without hay or pasture per directions.
- Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, climate and activity level. Feed at regular times – at least twice daily – with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position from troughs with large bottoms, placed at normal head height or lower. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
- Have plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites. Have the horse’s teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
• Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
• Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse.